Monday, April 9, 2018

Spring?

3/19/2018



Spring was supposed to come. . . spring was supposed to be here. . .
The weather has truned very cold again. Elder Clawson hair freezing cold. Again. But there is hope. They say that this is that last time that it will get like this before Spring. Let's see how good of a metoirologist the babuski in the branch are.
Basically our only Investigator right now is a twenty two year old girl named Dasha. She is pretty awesome and is pretty interested in the Goepel and in my opinion something, or someone else as well. . .
We had a good meeting with her this week and talked about the Plan of Salvation after our English Practice. She has been coming to the biginner group that Elder Clifford and I run. She has pretty good English for a beginner and I think that the middle/advanced group would suit her more but she likes coming to our group instead. On the Wednesday practice after class during the usual story to get everyone together before the Spiritual thought she came and sat behind me and told me that the meeting we had planned with her after wasn't going to work because she was super hungry. I told her that it was alright but also that I had brought something to give her during our lesson. She thought for a second and then said "Okay I'll stay". I felt kind of bad so I gave her an "Артек" (a waffel cookie thing) and she gobbled that thing right up. We had the lesson with a member named Gena how honestly is the back bone of our little branch her in Vinnitsya. She still had lots of seemingly random questions but if you pay attention they are all good genuine questions. Gena is a returned missionary and is a huge help. I am very grateful that he was there with us to explain better what we believe (even though she already knows a lot about what we believe) and to bear sincire testimony. After that I gave her a cool little Plan of Salvation refrigorator magnet that I had made during my time in the office. I think she thought it was cool.
We had an eschanged with the other elders this week. I was with Elder Hart while Elder Clifford was with Elder Durtschi. We had fun and especially the three of them after we got home and started shooting hoops in our appartment with the miniture basket ball and hoop that Elder Clifford got in his Christmas Package. Our neighbor below us however didn't think that it was that fun. 
We took a train up to Kiev and had our interviews with President Kumferman. I always love getting to have an interview with him and talk for a while with Sister Kumferman while I wait. With the Packer's I never had an interview in the mission home let alone even saw it but ever since I left Odessa I have had one there every single time. Not that the Packers aren't hospitible or anything but I have jsut really drawn closer with the Kumfermans. It also helps that out of the three mission presidents that I have had, President Kumferman is the one that I have had for the longest. 
After that we went and did sports night in the Borschagovsky ward. It was nice to see members there and the missionaries as well. That night we stayed over at the office elder's apartment like many used to do when I was serving there and then the next day had an awsome Zone Conference where we talked about the Scattering and Gathering of Israel. It was all very interesting and it is really cool to see the progressing we have form one Zone Conference to the next in topic. After that we took our three and a half hour train ride back to Vinnitsya. Both times going and coming back from Kiev we had the nice InterCity train and ours both times was a double decker one and we got to be on top both times. Today (Monday after getting back from Kiev on Frieday) we are going up again to Kiev because there is a special training on Tuesday for all the new missionaries who got here in October and January. So we get top go up because Elder Clifford was one of those that got here in October.
Here in the Vinnitsya Branch we only hold two hours of church each week. We always have Sacrament meeting and then it switches off every week having either Sunday School or Relief Society/Priesthood meeting. This week we had Priesthood Meeting but since Elder Clifford is one of two people in the branch who can play the piano and the other being Elder Durtschi we were asked to go to Primary and play for them. I just tagged along and tried to help calm down the little kids that were going crazy. It was kind of funny. They had probably the most quiet and calm person in the branch teach the lesson in Primary. At first I wasn't sure how it was going ot work out but it turned out alright. 
One fun fact about Elder Clifford is that his two teeth next to his two front teeth are missing. He has these prosthetic ones that he wares though and it is funny sometimes when he forgets them and goes out in public. 

Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson

This is me showing Elder Clifford the cool lights on one of the streets near the office elder apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment