Friday, March 2, 2018

A slower week, followed by a little bit of craziness

02/19/2018


Transfers!
The end of another six week transfer cycle. Which brings the possibility of moving into a different area. 
I have been here in the Mission Office for four transfers which is six months am have now found relief. I am going to a city called Vinnitsya (Bинниця) which is between Kiev and Odessa. Before this we have had only one companionship of elders there since sister were taken out due to the extreme lack of sisters that has been plaguing our mission. So now me and my new companion Elder Clifford who came in December are taking over what the sisters had in Vinnitsya. Their/our apartment is said to be pretty big and literally a thirty second walking distance away from the branch building. But they also say that the landlady is a little bit crazy. 
Elder Roylance is getting his wish granted and is kicking me out so he can have the "fun job" and is going to be training Elder Read, who came in with Elder Clifford, as an Office Elder. 
We have a few missionaries leaving but for once we are gaining more missionaries than we are loosing. Wooo!
But next transfer is going to really hurt us.
This week we had a Zone Meeting which is different from a Zone Conference. Zone Meetings, at least here, are put in charge by the Zone Leaders and are half as long as Zone Conferences.
We had the elders from Cherkassy stay twice with us this last week and they are coming up again tonight for transfers .
We had an exchange with the Zone Leaders and we went to the Rundenko family which went pretty well.
Church was good. We had really good talks and then once it hit the hour mark there was one more talk to go. And it was Brother Marchevsky who is notorious for speaking for a loooong time who had the last talk. But it miraculously lasted only for about ten minutes or so after we were supposed to end. 
I hope my email will get more interesting as soon as I get out of here. Vinnitsya seems like a great place and I am excited to see what's there. 
The Book of Mormon is such a wonderful book. I have seen nothing but miracles occur because of that powerful book. Please remember the words of all of our prophets, past and present, which admonish us to meaningfully study and pray about that book. 
I love you all and I see the fruits of all of yours prayers here in Ukraine in favor of this great work. 
Talk to you next week!

Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson

I don't have any pictures from this last week so if you read this email without any reward I commend you.
Put for those who only open these types of email to see the pictures here is a picture of an adorable hedgehog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment