Friday, March 2, 2018

Ward Conference and an early morning mishap

02/12/2018


An eventful week indeed.
We were supposed to have our interviews with President Kumferman but then he got a bad case of the Flue and was down for just about the whole week. We were pretty bummed on not getting to interview with him and especially because he needs to know when we are leaving (because we have a choice). Not only did we not get to do our interviews but a lot of things were held up here in the office due to the Kumfermans flying under the radar for a bit. 
But things worked out and things got done. Today in order to make up for a week's worth of interviews he spend just abut all day interviewing. And he will do the same tomorrow and then the next zone's interviews are already right after that. So we after all did get to have interviews. My interview was really good. I really felt good about things afterwards. I also feel some relief as well because now I know exactly when I am finishing. So it is official that I am coming home June 26th.
This week is the last week of the transfer and it is probably my last here. I have been here for a while. At least compared to the amount of time I have been in other areas. 
Friday was Elder Roylance's 20th birthday and it was a pretty good day. The night before the elders from Cherkassy came up to stay over night with us for interviews the next day and they brought some cake mix and frosting that we put together for Elder Roylance. Then Elder Nye who is this huge guy taught us all how to play the card game "Hearts".
The next day in the office we came in and said "Hi" to the Andruses as we took off our coats and hung them up then walked into our room and saw a huge pile of cookies on Elder Roylance's desk. Sister Andrus told us of an Albanian tradition they learned about when they were serving a senior mission in Albania where if it is your birthday you provide the treats for everyone. So she was helping us adopt Albanian tradition by making him cookies to give to everyone that came in. (We still have some though)
Now here is a fun story. 
At about 2:00 am on Saturday I woke up to go to the bathroom. I stood up pretty fast and got a little light headed from that. I must have stood up too fast or have been to asleep still because the dizziness and light headedness just got worse. But I just told my self that I was going to be quick. I have past out a few times in my life so I know when one is coming or not. At this point when I was going I realized that this might be one of those times. But I just told my self to go quicker and used a little more force and then I remember waking up to it being bright and hearing the fan of the bathroom and being on the floor and feeling a pretty bad pain on my head. I don't know exactly what happened because I happened to be unconscious for it but I past out and hit my head on something. I am surprised at how invisible it is on my head because it feels a lot worse than it looks. So that was fun. Elder Roylance says that I seem a little more crazy now after that. But who cares. 
Sunday was fun because the Kumfermans were there and then President stayed for the Borschagovsky ward. We had ward conference in the Borschagovsky ward and heard from some of our stake leaders. We heard from President Padubni and he was making all of these jokes but we didn't understand any of it because one, it was in Ukrainian, and two, he kind of mumbles. But then Bishop Aleksey threw us a bone and spoke in Russian. 
We had a few lessons with members this week but other than that it was a pretty boring week. The most eventful day was actually today. 
President was taking quite a bit of time during his interviews and we were the last ones so I got lots of time to talk with Sister Kumferman on just about everything. 
We also went to find this lest active perspective elder but wasn't there so we took a picture in front of some church. 
Have a great week everyone! I hope that I will have more time next week to write.


Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson




No comments:

Post a Comment