Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Tacos

02/13/2017

New transfer. New companion. 
Not that my other one was bad or anything.
My Companion now is Elder Ruslan Konstantynov. He is a native Ukrainian from a city called Mariupol.
He is a lot taller than me and speaks better Russian than I do. But I speak better English and Spanish than he does. He is super goofy and life is so far has not been boring at all. 
We had a lesson with Oleg this past week. We showed up and Oleg seemed a little bit off. He later expressed his disappointment that Elder Carr left without even saying anything. We explained that we don't know before hand what happens. Who goes where. He is still bummed but seemed to enjoy at least a little but our meeting. Later that evening I called Elder Carr and explained to him what happened and asked him to call Oleg.
Do any of you remember Demitri? The guy who we had one lesson with and became some what scarred of us? The guy who didn't answer his phone for a whole transfer? Yeah that Demitri. He came to Church! Elder Konstantynov called him and invited him and he just came like that! Crazy.
We have lots of work ahead of us. This Elder knows howto work and how to love. Hopefully some of that will rub of on me. 
One thing that I have already seen with Elder Konstantynov and fear will only get worse as the amazing food we make together. We both can cook pretty well and know how to make pretty good food. So the combination of us two makes a problem in the future when we hop on the scale. Even though I have been the same weight for about seven years, I have almost made it to 150 lbs with Elder Komstantynov. The trick is to just switch it to Kilograms and then you can relax.
One of the fisrt things that Elder Konstantynov said to me was that he wanted to make Tacos with me. So we did. . . And after that I felt like I was going to die. They were very tasty.
It's been snowing today. It's Ukraine. I'm a missionary. 

Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson




No comments:

Post a Comment