Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Scottish Clans

02/20/2017

Well this week was fun. 
None of our investigators or anyone were able to meet. 
Maybe because it was the one month anniversary of 2017 or something like that. 
Elder Konstantynov is a crazy goof ball. If it wasn't for him this week would have been super tough for me. I really haven't been sleeping well all this past week and it has messed with my schedule which, if you know me, bugs me a lot. 
Some exciting things coming up.
We now have a senior missionary couple assigned to our area two times a week to run the family History Center in our ward. On Saturday we had a meeting with Sister Bigham, the senior sister, where we talked about what we can do and how to get people into the Family History Center and how we can get them to know about it in the first place. So every Tuesday and Saturday the Family History Center here in the Pechersky ward in the Kiev East stake will be open. So come and check it out!
This also meens that us missionaries will be helping a lot more with Family History work here. Not only translateing for Sister Bignham, but other work as well. As part of our "Training/Discussion" we had on saturday, we all kind of started exploring our own family trees. I alreaady know a lot about my own family tree, but it was fun going back and exploring it again. All of my work as basically done one my tree. So I can only see the Family History work to do is to help others with their's. On Saturday as I was doing some exploring, I went back as far as I could on my Clawson line. The farthest back I could go was to a man named Steven McClay Clason. Steven McCaly Clason is my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather (10 greats). he is from Scotland and not too much is known about him. But I did some research of my own and if everything is correct he was part of the Maclea clan or also know as the Livingston clan. I was able to find out what why clan tartan is and clan badge is. very interesting things. 
Other than that there wasn't anything else that I think would be interesting to write about. I wake up every day. I do missionary work. I go to bed.

Thanks for all of your support!


Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson

All the food:




No comments:

Post a Comment