Monday, March 27, 2017

Ukranian BBQ

03/13/2017
This week was crazy, which seems to becoming a trend. 

Life is always interesting with a native Ukrainian Comapnion.

This week we were able to give service to a family here in our Ward. Their home caught on fire and burned a whole lot. We helped chop up wood and stack it and move around rubble and such. And then afterwards we went and bought some meat and had a mini BBQ Ukrainian style.

We had an awesome Zone Conference like I mentioned last time. And many of us have lots of ideas of how we can better use our talents to bless others and find people to teach. So far we havn't really had a chance to pursue them yet, but hopefuly we will in the future.

We were able to meet with a few people this week and had a great time talking with members and investigators. We visited Sister Margarita one evening and she taught us (me) how to make vereniki. So good! She also read to us poems/versus she wrote. and then started reciting them to music. It was super cool, but she used lots of big words that I didn't understand. 

We had a Family Home Evening thing with Katya and Sasha where we watched "Meet the Mormons". Elder Konstantynov made a "Fruit Pizza" as he calls it (It's wasn't really a Pizza to me) and gave it to them when we visited. One fun thing that happened was how we got picked up by Sasha in his car and he drove us to their house. In the car he started playing music. The first song that came on was one of my absolute favorites from my absolute favorite bands. I don't know how he knew. But hopefully I won't fall out of the Church now because of that. 

There really much that happened other than what I already wrote. We did however get a little bit lost at one point trying to find a member's home one evening. But everything worked out fine.

Other than that, I don't have anything else to write besides my experience of how imprtant it is to learn how to communicate. I believe that that is one of the many reasons I am here on a mission is to learn how to communicate. I have come to realize it more and more, but especially as I have served with Elder Konstantynov my Ukrainian companion. Just start now and learn how to really communicate with poeple so you won't have to hurt in the future. 


Старейшина Класон / Elder Clawson

No comments:

Post a Comment